Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release philosofy questions

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release philosofy questions
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:56:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Lorne Gutz wrote:

:)
:) I have been using  gcc3.2 with binutil 2.13 for some time with
:) avr-libc 20020203.    A couple of weeks ago I started work on
:) an ATmega8.   Well there was no startup code in 20020203
:) so I just installed avr-libc 20020630 right over top to get the
:) proper startup file and everything has worked.
:)
:) Are there any known bugs that I should look out for with this
:) combination?  If I find any I will post them here, and I plan
:) to upgrade gcc to 3.3 when a stable version is released.

I seems to recall a small bug in malloc. Here's a reference for the fix
relative to what's in 20020630:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/avr-libc/avr-libc/libc/stdlib/malloc.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.1&r2=text&tr2=1.5&diff_format=u

Ted Roth