advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Two thoughts: automated conversion, and radio4al

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Two thoughts: automated conversion, and radio4all.net.
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 01:20:34 +0100

I know. No matter what we do, there will always be someone uploading copywrited work. It's a thing in us, humans.

Omar Saleem escreveu:
Except that people don't always follow "encouragement" as such. Vimeo.com is full of hidden movies and TV shows...

Bruno Miguel wrote:
And what about something like videofreedom.org <http://videofreedom.org> or openvideo.org <http://openvideo.org> or something like that. And, instead of copying youtube's content, provide original content in Ogg Theora, like vimeo.com <http://vimeo.com>, a youtube like website that encourages its users uploading their own _original_ videos. That would be an interesting project.

On 5/29/07, *rek2GNU/Linux* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    > If I can't play something, I convert but try to also complain
    (unless
    > it's DRM in which case I just boycott).
    >
    > Matt Flaschen

    now thats the spirit!!!
    how hard will it be to copy all the content of youtube every night,
    convert the new videos to  a free medium and then have people
    download/view the same videos on a free-format?
    hehehe yes yes I know lot of disk space and powerfully computers,
    but my
    idea came now that I am working on gNewSense then I thouhg wait a
    minute
    what will happen if we
    free instead of a distribution a *whole* website LOL :-)

    freeyoutube.org <http://freeyoutube.org> :-P if get the funding
    is possible, since those videos
    are public to view/download or what is the case for this videos?

    Chris Fernandez
    BinaryFreedom founder
    http://www.binaryfreedom.info

Bruno Alexandre dos Santos Miguel