advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Two thoughts: automated conversion, and radio4al

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Two thoughts: automated conversion, and radio4all.net.
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:56:59 +0100

And what about something like videofreedom.org or openvideo.org or something like that. And, instead of copying youtube's content, provide original content in Ogg Theora, like vimeo.com, a youtube like website that encourages its users uploading their own _original_ videos. That would be an interesting project.

On 5/29/07, rek2GNU/Linux <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I can't play something, I convert but try to also complain (unless
> it's DRM in which case I just boycott).
>
> Matt Flaschen

now thats the spirit!!!
how hard will it be to copy all the content of youtube every night,
convert the new videos to  a free medium and then have people
download/view the same videos on a free-format?
hehehe yes yes I know lot of disk space and powerfully computers, but my
idea came now that I am working on gNewSense then I thouhg wait a minute
what will happen if we
free instead of a distribution a *whole* website LOL :-)

freeyoutube.org :-P if get the funding is possible, since those videos
are public to view/download or what is the case for this videos?

Chris Fernandez
BinaryFreedom founder
http://www.binaryfreedom.info