advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Amie Street

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Amie Street
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 18:16:27 -0400

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> He acknowledge that mp3 is not an open standard but is a commercial
> standard, so he knows the different between this and a true open standard.

I sent the below note using their contact form
(http://www.mp3tunes.com/cb/contact/).

Matt Flaschen

I'm writing to request that you sell music in the Ogg Vorbis format, in
addition to the current MP3 format.  As a user of GNU/Linux I prefer Ogg
Vorbis to MP3 primarily because Ogg Vorbis is not encumbered by patents
and thus can be legally supported by free software.  Vorbis also has
distinct technical advantages over MP3. Vorbis players are also
available for Windows and Mac OS.  I have already purchased Ogg Vorbis
music from other sources.  If MP3Tunes offered tracks in Ogg Vorbis, I
would be glad to shop here too.