advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Amie Street

From: Alexandro Colorado
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Amie Street
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:57:27 -0500

On Wed, 23 May 2007 14:54:32 -0500, Jonathan Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I think Amie Street is really cool, no DRM etc...but I think it would
be even better if they'd supply the music in OGG as well. I'd think
they might be quite open to it with the ethos they try to put across;
perhaps people from this list would be willing to send a quick e-mail
asking them to support OGG? I will be after I send this e-mail, but
the more merrier :D

Best,

Jon

I will also want o ad mp3tunes, althought it might be harder since mp3 is supplied on the title. There is no reason why not 'add' the ogg file format. Mp3tunes is owned by Michael Robertson who is a guy that has devoted to open standard supporting standards like ODF, and I guess he just need an excuse to dig into OGG.

He acknowledge that mp3 is not an open standard but is a commercial standard, so he knows the different between this and a true open standard.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jza