Re: [Swftools-common] Re: stereo sound(track)

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: stereo sound(track)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:18:09 +0100

Hi Russ,

A Transform object isn't a full Pan.  There's a separate command
for that,

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary666.html

( bear in mind what that page says about how it works )

The choice whether to embed or stream, is entirely yours.

Enbed:

  .sound myMp3 "my_sound.mp3"

then use, attachSound() with the id name to use
the sound.

Stream this way,

  var snd=new Sound();
  snd.loadSound("my_sound.mp3", True);

All the sound commands ( for basic AS2 ) are here,

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary654.html

I've confused the heck out of both of us, writing those examples
on the fly.  I should put some order into them then, then do as
originally suggested.. post them to the wiki.

Regards,

Chris.

PS  Sounds to play with,

     http://www.firstpr.com.au/slinky/audio/