[Savannah-register-public] [task #15221] Submission of Reproducible pape

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15221] Submission of Reproducible paper template
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 09:36:31 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #24, task #15221 (project administration):

Thanks a lot!

I corrected the "copyright information" text in `README.md' so it clearly
points to the copyright notice (at the top of the file) and the license notice
(rest of that section).

Afterwards, I activated Git in the project's page on Savannah and made the
first push of the existing history. Things were pushed cleanly (without any
error). However, the cgit web interface didn't show anything.

Just to see if everything is fine, I cloned the pushed project and got this
warning after it had fully downloaded it:

$ git clone https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/git/reproduce.git
Cloning into 'reproduce'...
remote: Counting objects: 2179, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (2179/2179), 3.33 MiB | 1.31 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1292/1292), done.
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

After some investigation, I found out that this is due to the fact that the
main branch of this project is not "master", but "template".

This is intentional: users clone this branch, define their own project's
"master" branch, and keep their project's infra-structure updated by pulling
from the "template" branch when they want.

To fix this problem, apparently we have to run the following command to
manually point `HEAD' to the `template' branch (instead of the default
`master' branch).

git symbolic-ref HEAD refs/heads/template

I hope this also fixes the problem with cgit.

Could you please run this command for this project?

Thank you very much for all the great help.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15221>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/