Re: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:30:36 -0800

Loic Dachary wrote:

> Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r) writes:
>  > Loic Dachary wrote:
>  > >
>  > >         It might actually be a lot faster to -d /cvsroot/$val (without
>  > > going thru pserver).

Man, This speeded the page up from taking 20 mins to load, to more like
90 seconds

>  > >  > I also plan to figure out if there is a way to find out about how many
>  > >  > checkouts have been done, and stuff like that.
>  > >         Asking for O type records should do it.

Yes it did.

>  > > And graphing the output
>  > > with rrdtool || mrtg, and ... Oh well, raw data will be great ;-)
>  >
>  > Yes, nice graphs will be on the todo list for me.
>
>         Something we should also do is rotate the history files. So little
> time, so much to do.

I dont really understand how to use mrtg. rrdtool looks like it would me
more appropriate, but from what I can see from the deb package it uses
gif libs which I doubt you guys would want on your server.
Any ideas on what tools we could use?

Dan