[Savannah-dev] cvs stats

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:44:11 -0800

I spent a few mins goofing with getting some CVS stats that we can
display, similair to the different project activity stuff on SF.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvsstats.phps is the source of what I did. This
file will be deleted from this location soon, but I wanted to see what
you guys think.

The output file can be seen at http://savannah.gnu.org/cvsstats.txt
The cvsstats.php takes a LONG time to run, so we will probably want to
run it as a cron job and store the data in a table instead of that lame
cvststats.txt but for now I was just experimenting.

I also plan to figure out if there is a way to find out about how many
checkouts have been done, and stuff like that.
I do have the cvs command to find out how many unique lines of code has
changed during a given period of time, but to do it I need a checkout of
the project. So I dont think this will be worth the effort. Commit
counts and checkout counts would be enough to be interesting

Seek3r