Re: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:04:39 +0100

Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r) writes:
 > I spent a few mins goofing with getting some CVS stats that we can
 > display, similair to the different project activity stuff on SF.

        Oh. Nice.

 > http://savannah.gnu.org/cvsstats.phps is the source of what I did. This
 > file will be deleted from this location soon, but I wanted to see what
 > you guys think.

        It might actually be a lot faster to -d /cvsroot/$val (without
going thru pserver). Or even, if it turns out to be simple enough, to
parse the history file directly. But it may not be worth the trouble if
using /cvsroot/$val turns out to be efficient enough. The machine is
not exactly overloaded anyways.

 > The output file can be seen at http://savannah.gnu.org/cvsstats.txt
 > The cvsstats.php takes a LONG time to run, so we will probably want to
 > run it as a cron job and store the data in a table instead of that lame
 > cvststats.txt but for now I was just experimenting.
 >
 > I also plan to figure out if there is a way to find out about how many
 > checkouts have been done, and stuff like that.
 > I do have the cvs command to find out how many unique lines of code has
 > changed during a given period of time, but to do it I need a checkout of
 > the project. So I dont think this will be worth the effort. Commit
 > counts and checkout counts would be enough to be interesting

        Asking for O type records should do it. And graphing the output
with rrdtool || mrtg, and ... Oh well, raw data will be great ;-)

        Cheers,