Re: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] cvs stats
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:58:51 -0800

Loic Dachary wrote:

>         It might actually be a lot faster to -d /cvsroot/$val (without
> going thru pserver). Or even, if it turns out to be simple enough, to
> parse the history file directly. But it may not be worth the trouble if
> using /cvsroot/$val turns out to be efficient enough. The machine is
> not exactly overloaded anyways.

your probably right. I dont know all that much about cvs. I learned
enough to import/commit code into cvs for phpGW and I goofed around with
a few things to get the stats that i did, but hadnt ever used cvs
locally. So much to learn... so much

>  > I also plan to figure out if there is a way to find out about how many
>  > checkouts have been done, and stuff like that.
>  > I do have the cvs command to find out how many unique lines of code has
>  > changed during a given period of time, but to do it I need a checkout of
>  > the project. So I dont think this will be worth the effort. Commit
>  > counts and checkout counts would be enough to be interesting
>
>         Asking for O type records should do it.

Not sure what you mean. Can you give me a sample command?

> And graphing the output
> with rrdtool || mrtg, and ... Oh well, raw data will be great ;-)

Yes, nice graphs will be on the todo list for me.