Re: [Savannah-dev] debian packaging and protocol thoughts

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] debian packaging and protocol thoughts
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 16:30:42 +0100

Dans un message du 16 nov à 18:23, Roland Mas écrivait :
> Um...  I think I'd need a briefing of what he did before I can try and
> replace it with something else.  I browsed through my CVS checkout,
> and I can't find where exactly the communication layer lies.  Feel
> free to enlighten me.

The communication thing is just a small perl script that "rsync"s XML
dumps. You can find it in savannah-backend/scripts/common/.

The thing that I do not understand is how CORBA could replace this. Your
examples are very general and I have difficulties to use them to replace
rsync if we take for granted that we base the communication on XML dumps
(which has been discussed and agreed iirc). Could you explain me ?

TIA. Regards,

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

                        La vie est comme un rhododendron