Re: [Savannah-dev] debian packaging and protocol thoughts

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] debian packaging and protocol thoughts
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:18:31 +0100

Roland Mas writes:

 > takes) in both Perl and Python using ORBit, or in help on designing
 > the interfaces (that's not much harder than an OO model).  I'm told
 > there are also bindongs for PHP, and there obviously are some for C
 > and C++.

        Thanks a lot for this input. Could you provide some code that
replaces what Guillaume did by hand ? Since Guillaume prepared a debian
package, it could simply be a new version of this package using corba
instead of hand made communication. The package/software is small enough
and is a good demo example.

        I think that would be a lot more efficient than me or Guillaume
trying to understand and argue in favor or against Corba because we both
know nothing about it. And I guess it will also be less effort for you
than a painful discussion with complete newbies ;-)

        Code speaks for itself. We are not at all reluctant to use
Corba, we just don't have a clue on how to do it for real and an
example on our current codebase will help us a lot to get started.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden