iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Fw: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more about iiwusynth

From: Juan Linietsky
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Fw: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more about iiwusynth
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:49:46 -0300

Not much luck over here, the fixed point mixer itself is  fast and it
works, but the integer->float conversions to save back to the buffers
decompensate the speed. I'll try later converting the values to float
manually to see if i can gain some speed. I think that i'll also try
rewriting the filter to use a two poles FIR with 2 coheficients only.
Any suggestions? I think the fastest would be to use 32bits integer
buffers instead, and convert to float only for effects..

Regads!

Juan Linietsky