iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Fw: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more about iiwusynth

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Fw: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more about iiwusynth
Date: 08 Jun 2002 22:23:26 -0600

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 14:49, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> Not much luck over here, the fixed point mixer itself is  fast and it
> works, but the integer->float conversions to save back to the buffers
> decompensate the speed. I'll try later converting the values to float
> manually to see if i can gain some speed. I think that i'll also try
> rewriting the filter to use a two poles FIR with 2 coheficients only.
> Any suggestions? I think the fastest would be to use 32bits integer
> buffers instead, and convert to float only for effects..
>
> Regads!
>
> Juan Linietsky

Its cool to see another person working on iiwusynth, especially with the
optimization effort. I guess if I wanted a project that attracted
developers I should have picked a DSP related one :) Isn't there anyone
out there that loves the tedious work of GUI and architectural
programming, he he.. Cheers!
        Josh