[Help-gnu-radius] Radius Not responding

From: Bob Robichaud
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Not responding
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:27:57 -0400

Hi All,

I just installed radius on FreeBSD 4.9
When I do a radauth test it is sucessful, however when I configured our
Shiva Lan Rover to use the new radius server, the shiva activity log states
radius server not responding. What am I doing wrong.  I changed the
/etc/services file to uncomment ports 1645 1646 and commented out the
default values.  Below are my basic files

#Client Name Key
#---------------- -------------------
shiva2.compmore.net secret
shiva3.compmore.net secret
localhost secret

#client.conf
#----------------------
server mail2 206.222.80.15 secret 1645 1646
source_ip 127.0.0.1
timeout 3
retry 1

#config
#
option {
usr2delay 30;
max-requests 1024;
# Uncomment and edit these if you need to:
# log-dir "/var/log";
# acct-dir "/var/acct";
};

logging {
channel default {
file "radius.log";
print-category yes;
print-level yes;
};
channel info {
file "radius.info";
print-pid yes;
};
channel debug {
file "radius.debug";
};
category auth {
print-auth yes;
print-failed-pass yes;
};
category info {
channel info;
};
category =debug {
channel debug;
};
category * {
channel default;
};
};

auth {
max-requests 127;
request-cleanup-delay 2;
detail yes;
strip-names yes;
checkrad-assume-logged yes;
};

acct {
max-requests 127;
request-cleanup-delay 2;
};

proxy {
max-requests 127;
request-cleanup-delay 2;
};

# NAS Name Short Name Type Checkrad flags
shiva2.compmore.net shiva2 true
shiva3.compmore.net shiva3          true
localhost local true

Regards,
Bob Robichaud