Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Not responding

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Radius Not responding
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:06:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Bob Robichaud wrote:

> My question is would Maximum number of children active cause the error
> Invalid user [joe], CLID unknown

No. What do you have your users file set to authenticate off of? If it is
the system password file there is no user joe that radius can see. If you
are authenticating from a database, radius did not find an entry with the
Username joe. Radius gives a different error for wrong password (which
tells you what the wrong password is.) The only thing you have to do now
is add user joe to whatever you are authenticating off of in the users
file.

Add this to your users file to confirm all works for a quick test:

joe Password = "testing",
                Simultaneous-Use = 1
        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

I bet with that in there the Shiva will authenticate user joe with
password testing.

Gerald