Re: Emacs 28: bitmap fonts, vector font character spacing

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: Re: Emacs 28: bitmap fonts, vector font character spacing
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 18:10:45 +0200

PierGianLuca wrote:

> I've happily used the DejaVu Sans Mono for many years, with
>
> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "DejaVu Sans Mono")
> (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 94)

Curiously, DejaVu Sans is rendered in the same width both by Emacs 28.2
and xfce4-terminal.  Would be interesting to know what’s the issue with
Fira Code...

Actually, DejaVu might be a better alternative to Terminus after all.
It exists in a proportional variant as well and as such buffers that mix
proporional and monospaced fonts look more harmonical.

Thanks
Christoph