Re: Source code, git and cvs

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Source code, git and cvs
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 12:52:03 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, July 22nd, 2023 at 12:12 AM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me writes:
>
> > The claim I get that everything is properly done is a serious fallacy.
> > There should be a version of emacs where do not continually add to it,
> > but only to get to a point where things are well designed and capable
> > of being handle well by other programmers. Eli is getting in a
> > difficult position, because the next poor sod is going to suffer much
> > more or give up keep the whole thing together.
>

> From your perspective, everyone apart from yourself is an ``Emacs
> developer'', engaged in a wayward conspiracy to prevent users from
> understanding Emacs documentation. You, a crusader fighting for the
> rights of the oppressed masses of Emacs users, are being silenced by
> companies of the King's men.
>
> The situation you illustrate couldn't be further from the truth.
>
> Perhaps you should contemplate why everyone on this list -- aside from
> you and your other identities, of course -- finds your demands
> unreasonable, and is satisfied with our current practices for writing
> documentation.

Past the elisp basics, the language interaction with emacs is generally agreed
to be difficult and vast, and you'll likely get lost in a sea of details.

That is accepted, and you are mistaking memory with intelligence.  An automated
tool would be able to do it better than you.  Otherwise the way the
documentation
is designed has to change.