Re: [ft] How to compile universal freetype on MacOS X 10.4?

From: Russell E. Owen
Subject: Re: [ft] How to compile universal freetype on MacOS X 10.4?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:33:59 -0700

In article <address@hidden>,
 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:50:03 +0200
> "Tor Andersson" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Sorry for your inconvenience, I have 2 points to note.
>
> freetype-2.2.1 has bug in configure script about classic MacOS font support,
> and its QuickDraw support does not working in i386 Mac.
> freetype-2.1.x or latest CVS version (both bugs are fixed) is recommended.

Thank you very much for the info. However, I would appreciate some
clarification: does the problem occur in all versions of 2.2.x that have
been released so far (up to and including 2.2.12) or was it just for
2.2.1 or...?

What I've learned so far (based on the static versions of libfreetype,
which *do* build correctly as universal using the recipe I supplied;
it's just the dynamic libraries that are ppc-only):

Charlie Moad built a universal static libfreetype 2.2.10 and it seems to
work fine with matplotlib (on PPC and Intel Macs). I believe he built on
an Intel Mac using some variant of my recipe.

I built a universal static 2.2.12 on my PPC Mac it does not work with
matplotlib. (It has not been tried on an Intel Mac). I was planning to
try 2.2.10, but based on your suggestion I should try to get the cvs
head.

-- Russell