Re: [ft] How to compile universal freetype on MacOS X 10.4?

From: Tor Andersson
Subject: Re: [ft] How to compile universal freetype on MacOS X 10.4?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:01:50 +0200

I'm trying to build a universal (ppc and i386) libfreetype 2.1.12 (or
any reasonably recent version) on my PPC Mac (10.4.7 with XCode 2.4). I
can built something, but it's always PPC-only.

I believe that you need to compile twice, once with each -arch flag, to
separate files. Then you merge together the two resulting (i386 and ppc)
dylib files with "lipo".

At least that's how Xcode does it. I do not believe that gcc can compile to both
architectures in the same command, which it looks like you're trying to do.

Tor