Re: [ft] How to compile universal freetype on MacOS X 10.4?

From: Russell E. Owen
Subject: Re: [ft] How to compile universal freetype on MacOS X 10.4?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:48:11 -0700

In article <address@hidden>,
 "Russell E. Owen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> In article <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:50:03 +0200
> >
> > Sorry for your inconvenience, I have 2 points to note.
> >
> > freetype-2.2.1 has bug in configure script about classic MacOS font support,
> > and its QuickDraw support does not working in i386 Mac.
> > freetype-2.1.x or latest CVS version (both bugs are fixed) is recommended.
>
> Thank you very much for the info. However, I would appreciate some
> clarification: does the problem occur in all versions of 2.2.x that have
> been released so far (up to and including 2.2.12) or was it just for
> 2.2.1 or...?

Sorry, you were completely clear but I was hopelessly confused about
version #s. I was getting freetype versions mixed up with libpng.

I built freetype 2.2.1 and yes it's broken. I'll stick to 2.1.x until a
newer 2.2.x is released (since matplotlib seems perfectly happy with
it). Charlie Moad built 2.1.10, which works as you said it would.

Thank you all for your help.

-- Russell