Re: [Freetype] More bugs on Macintosh.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] More bugs on Macintosh.
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:20:10 +0200 (CEST)

> I tracked the difference between the last 3 releases, and ended up
> with the line of code Henry reported. This is definitely the place
> where the pb is, no doubt about it.

I know that also :-)

> I think you probably should just do the math with several values and
> you will notice that both ways of "rounding" are not identical :)

Well,

  pitch1 = ( width + 7 ) >> 3;

gives me

    width  pitch1
   ---------------
    1-8     1
    9-16    2

and

  pitch2 = ( ( width + 15 ) >> 4 ) << 1;

gives me

    width  pitch2
    1-16    2
    17-32   4

This is the intended result.  The values of pitch2 are even, and
pitch2 is always greater or equal pitch1; the allocated memory for
bitmap->buffer is thus always big enough.

What am I missing?  I couldn't find the place in ftraster.c where
`pitch' is used improperly or incorrectly.