Re: [Freetype] More bugs on Macintosh.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] More bugs on Macintosh.
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 20:15:21 +0200 (CEST)

> >>    * src/raster/ftrend1.c (ft_raster1_render): Make `pitch' always
> >>    an even number.
>
> Why was this line in FTREND1.C changed anyway, and please check if
> this code is correct.

The idea was to make bitmap access a bit faster (IIRC, this change
was suggested on the list).

I can't find the bug, sorry.  Just checked the code in ftraster.c for
mono rendering, and it seems to me that `pitch' is used properly
everywhere, i.e., it is accessed only to compute the offset of the
start of a line and not to get offsets within a line.  Theoretically,
the value of `pitch' shouldn't make a difference provided it is big
enough to hold a line.

Maybe I'm blind...

David?