Re: [Freetype] Where are there man/info pages?

From: Michael Still
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Where are there man/info pages?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:06:58 +1000

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Michael Still wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, David Turner wrote:

> > The "DocMaker" tool is about 1600 lines of Python, most of them being
> > about handling formatting and cross-references. Changing this script
> > to output DocBook instead of HTML should probably be trivial.
>
> They way that I got around this was to write a little perl script that
> takes these comments and turns them into docbook XML, which I can then
> easily turn into man pages. I would be happy to show people how to do
> this. The script is available at http://www.stillhq.com, and is called
> Autodocbook.
>
> You mention formatted comments for the HTML. Perhaps my perl script can be
> modified to understand your format as well. What is the definition of the
> formatted comments?
>
> I would be happy to spend a couple of hours looking at this sort of thing.

Well, I have. The output of the new version of autodocbook can be found at
http://www.stillhq.com/cgi-bin/getpage?area=freetype&page=index.htm

It is by no means perfect, but it is a good start. Could people please
have a look and provide any comments they might have?

Thanks,
Mikal

--
Michael Still (address@hidden)
  http://www.stillhq.com -- a whole bunch of Open Source stuff including PDF

"The Chad is great!                        The Chad is stuck!"