Re: [Freetype] Where are there man/info pages?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Where are there man/info pages?
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:51:32 +0200

Hello Michael,

> I know that for me, when I can remember how Freetype calls work, or what
> arguements they need, then it is a hassle to have to start up a web
> browser.

another alternative is simply to look at the source headers, since they
contain the documentation for each public function, in a very clear, legible
and detailed format :-)

> If the documentation was written in docbook, then it is also possible to
> automatically produce HTML, man and info pages. Perhaps this could be
> considered?

The "DocMaker" tool is about 1600 lines of Python, most of them being
about handling formatting and cross-references. Changing this script
to output DocBook instead of HTML should probably be trivial.

Problem is that I have little time myself, do not see this as a priority,
and don't want to learn the DocBook syntax since I don't see a need for
the things I develop.

On the other hand, if you do know the DocBook format well and want to
spend a couple hours modifying DocMaker, I can give you all directions
needed to get you started pretty quickly :-)

So let me know if you'd be interested !!

Regards,

- David