Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Problem burning multi-file images w/ Cendyne DVR-1

From: Serge Rossi
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Problem burning multi-file images w/ Cendyne DVR-104
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:49:30 +0100

John R. Makosky wrote :

> I've searched the mailing list archives, and not found anyone with this
> problem.  Hopefully, someone can provide me with a hint or workaround.
>
> In short, I wish to burn 4+ GB to a DVD-R, but have to contend with the
> Linux 2GB file-size limit.
> System specifics:
> ----------------
>
> OS:           RedHat 6.2 on a Dell 2450 (PIII/866, 512MB RAM)
> Kernel:       2.2.23 w/ ReiserFS patch

There is no 2 GB file-size limit in Linux any more, starting with glibc 2.1.3 +
Kernel 2.4.

You should upgrade your system to a more recent Linux distribution or upgrade
the required packages on your current installation and recompile a 2.4.x kernel.

--
mailto:address@hidden          http://serge.rossi.free.fr/

             L'histoire de l'informatique de -3000 à 1986 :
                    http://histoire.info.online.fr/