[Dvdrtools-users] very simple menus

From: Florin Andrei
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] very simple menus
Date: 30 Dec 2002 23:44:37 -0800

After experimenting a little bit with various tools, i noticed that it's
actually quite easy to generate DVD-compliant MPEG2 streams, once you
learn the tricks. That's not the problem.

The problem is that, when i generate a DVD image, it doesn't have menus.

For example, suppose i fit 2 movies into one DVD, 1 hour each. Right
now, i have to concatenate them, even if they are quite different, and
burn them into the DVD like it were just one movie. This is not quite
right, IMO.

Is anyone aware of a method to generate the most simple menus?
Suppose i have N movies. I want to generate a menu with N entries, very
simple ones, just plain text, and then assign each movie to one entry,
and that's it. I don't want fancy features or anything, just the
barebones functionality.

And, oh yeah, it must work on Linux/Unix.

Thoughts?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/