[Dvdrtools-users] Workaround found (was Re: Problem burning multi-file

From: John R. Makosky
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Workaround found (was Re: Problem burning multi-file images w/ Cendyne DVR-104)
Date: 31 Dec 2002 16:15:26 -0600

Hello,

I've found a workaround for the problem that prevents me from using
multi-file ISO images under RH 6.2/2.2.23: pipe mkisofs output directly
to dvdrecord.  Obviously, this is not as robust as writing an
intermediate image, but I was able to burn a 3+ GB DVD-R with no
problems using the following commands:

mkisofs -r -q -print-size some-dir

nice --18 mkisofs -l -r some-dir | dvdrecord -v -v dev=2,0,0 -dao
speed=1 tsize=XXXXXXXs -

(replace 'XXXXXXX' with the value returned by the first mkisofs command)

I'll leave it up to the experts to decide whether the multi-file image
writing problem is a bug and/or worth fixing.

john