Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and builddir != srcdir

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and builddir != srcdir
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:20:02 +1000

On Friday 17 October 2003 03:07 am, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Raw Cygwin as in dependent on the cygwin1.dll runtime?  I want raw
> windows as dependent on the MSVCRT.DLL runtime.

When using Cygwin to compile, you can specify "--disable-cygwin" on the
configure line to force it to build a version that will run stand-alone under
Windows.  This is how most people normally build a "MingW" version.

> The CVS version of cscc
> fails in the configure process for pnetC.  See the attached config.log file.

>>     Don't know how to spawn child processes on this system

Hmmm.  It looks like it didn't properly detect that your system is Win32-based
when pnet was built.  The detection is done in "pnet/include/il_values.h".
You'll have to figure out why it didn't detect it and let us know.

> The question, "How do I tell csant how to find the source?" I still need
> the answer to.

And I don't understand the question.  It should just find it when you
configure and build the system normally.  There should be no situation under
which you need to tell csant where the source directory is unless you are
running the tools manually.  Which isn't recommended.

I did just confirm that pnetlib has some problems when building in a separate
build directory.  I suggest sticking with building in the source directory
for now.  One less source of problems to deal with.  I will try to figure out
what the problem is once DotGNU 0.1 is out of the way.

I recommend getting Cygwin and configuring with "--disable-cygwin".  That
configuration has been tested extensively and is known to work.