Re: [DotGNU]Platform testers wanted

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Platform testers wanted
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:27:43 +0530

If memory serves me right, Glenn Chambers wrote:
> Ok, did this, and got a compiler that passed the configure tests.

Cool ..

> Then tried building pnetC again, and it died again, with issues related
> to -I processing.  Did a quick attempt to duplicate the change for -I,
> but it still blew up.  I'll work on it again tomorrow.

That'd probably be "-D"'s friend the "-U" ...

To really debug apply the attached patch to pnetC/configure.in , autoconf,
reconfigure ... that will dump the compilation flags during the build for
you to debug.

> Oh, I used grep quite a bit the first time I tried to diagnose it, but
> couldn't *quite* nail down the proper pattern to make the match.

Knowing what you're looking for helps :-)

> > The difference between insanity and genius is measured by success
>
> You speak of the two as though they were mutually exclusive...  <grin>

genius and insanity tend to mix rather well ... difficult to recognize.

Gopal