Re: [DotGNU]Platform testers wanted

From: Glenn Chambers
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Platform testers wanted
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:57:12 -0500

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 12:43 AM, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

We're coming down to the wire on pnet version 0.5.0. It's that time again
when we need to make sure that all platforms work correctly.

So, I would appreciate reports from people on how well pnet works on their GNU/Linux distribution of choice, cygwin, mingw32, *BSD, Solaris, MacOSX,
etc, etc, etc.

Tests so far:

NetBSD 1.5.5 on x86:

treecc, pnet, pnetlib build OK using 'gmake'. pnet & pnetlib 'cd test; make check' passed all tests. Tested all samples in both directories except pnetlib/httpsrv,
all worked correctly.

pnetC fails to configure; /usr/bin/cpp is a shell script that
runs the real 'cpp', and it's choking on something it's being fed and thinks it's preprocessing STDIN, so it just hangs until you hit EOF during the C compiler check.

I haven't tried to debug this beyond this point. I'll try to get back to it tomorrow.

FreeBSD 4.4 on x86:

treecc, pnet, pnetlib build OK using 'gmake'. Tested the same as NetBSD, with same
complete success.

pnetC configures and builds OK, but all samples that attempt to execute a printf call containing a format specifier dump core. (Segmentation error, if I remember correctly.) Hello.exe and Hello2.exe without any command line arguments work, the
rest die.

I'll try to track this down as well.

I'll try to do a test on MacOS tomorrow as well. Not sure if I can get a Solaris
test done this cycle; things are getting busy at work again.

Glenn Chambers
Toledo, OH