RE: [DotGNU]Testing of ILASM:

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Testing of ILASM:
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:08:44 +0100

Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> In summary, round-tripping is only useful if you are writing tools in
> closed-source CLI environment, which you cannot modify
> directly to add the
> required functionality.  We don't have one of those. :-)

I strongly disagree. Round-tripping can be an extreme powerful learning
tool! Sometimes it's just way too much effort to write a complete IL
program, but you can easily write it in C# (or more often, it already
exists) and you can use round-tripping to tinker with the IL to study
various aspects of the system (either the CLI or your app).

Regards,
Jeroen
http://ikvm.net/ -- Java VM for .NET