RE: [DotGNU]mingw32 support works for portable.net

From: Rainer Groesslinger
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]mingw32 support works for portable.net
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:28:59 +0100

> As always, my personal focus is primarily on source-level issues.
> Binary packages are all well and fine, but the GPL says that the
> user must be able to build their own from source if they wish,
> preferably using a non-funky build environment.

I don't think you meant it that way I currently think about it (<-- eh ? :P)
but look at mono:
I guess they would have 80% less win32 users there if they wouldn't have
done a binary-only installer that can just be clicked and then it works...
We don't force anyone to use it - but in general I think it's a good idea to
make a win32 installer which just includes binary (and the only src files
should optionally be examples ;-)

I am looking forward to minddog's binary packages built with visual studio
.net...If they work I'll use them to creat a win32 installer (if wanted -
but from what I've heard it's requested to do one - at least for testing
_how_ it works)

Rainer