Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:24:22 -0800 (PST)

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> > Cscc-cs, if run by itself, produces IL, altho I have no idea if the
> IL is
> > valid (seeing that I'm having that cmdline issue).
>
> Do
> bash$ cscc-cs 1.cs > 1.il
> bash$ ilasm -o 1.exe 1.il
> bash$ ilrun 1.exe ..
>
> > test_verify runs until ldstr_test_5, and then dies
>
> Bad ... very bad indeed ... so we have bugs in the runtime for
> mingw32 ..
>
> Also , patches to support mingw32 are welcome ... But we're on a
> stabilizing
> run for 0.5.0 ... So you might have to wait to get them integrated
> (mostly due to the absence of W32 on my side ...)
>
> But I don't like the idea of forking pnet into a Mingw32 branch into
> seperate CVS ... That is a potential synchronization nightmare , if I
>
> ever saw one ... (and mdupont, it would be good to remember that it
> took me
> 5 full months between my first major patch and getting commit access
> ...).

What ever your decision is dude, you have to live with it.
If you force me to do too much work, then I will just put it into my
cvs. Really I dont want to this.

Just think, if you scare me off, you loose a developer. You might not
like my style, my ideas might scare you. But I am a body, and I have a
good brain. I am prepared to help.

If you play games with me, I take my energy somewhere else,
and dotgnu loses.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont