Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:03:12 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > As long as you are in the middle, we dont need direct cvs access
> right
> > now, in fact, you are playing the role in that case of a hyper
> > intelligent cvs server, that understand the code as well.
> >
> > the only thing we need is a place to upload the files to for
> > sharing...(untill we all have cvs)
>
> Patches that are destined for CVS should be sent through Savannah,
> preferably as the output of the "make_patch.sh" script, because
> I can apply them more easily.  Patches mailed to the list or
> directly to my inbox are likely to be lost in very short order.
>
> You can create whatever repository you like on your own systems
> for distributing files for your own experiments.  Just try to keep
> the amount of drift between CVS and your own stuff to a minimum.
>
> Ultimately we must get the mingw32 stuff to the point where someone
> can do a clean checkout from CVS and build directory with no funky
> setup required.  Funkiness is OK for the time being, since it is
> still early days.
>
> > Yes, I have read about that, win32 has the standard globbing, it is
> in
> > a n standard windows object file, but I did not persue that,
> because I
> > dont want to link in an object file without sources.
>
> If I recall correctly, all that the object file does is redirect
> to a different version of "setargv".  That different version should
> already be in the standard library.  You shouldn't need the object
> file.
> That's what the "_setargv" stuff at the bottom of "cmdline.c" was
> doing.  Slight mods may be needed for mingw32, but it should already
> be in the library.
>
> > I just dont want to be stuck on the outside in the rain, trying to
> help
> > but locked out. That I why I am asking for rights/help. Help is
> better
> > than rights, so lets try that out for a while.
>
> If you submit patches through Savannah, and use the "make_patch.sh"
> script, then Gopal and I can deal with them swiftly.

Sure, I really have to use savannah. Your right. Forgot about that. :(

yes, i tried make_patch, but it failed on the patch, therefore I ran
the diff as in the script.

> I do have the patch you sent a couple of days ago, but it would
> help me greatly if you could re-diff it without the autogen'ed
> files like "aclocal.m4", "il_config.h.in", etc.  Just the source
> changes, please.  Autogen file patches never apply cleanly, since
> the files differ from system to system.

yes, the only changes

> If you can provide this quickly, it will help me get this in during
> the next couple of hours.  Otherwise I will need to manually edit
> the patch to apply it, and it will take longer.

Yes, most manual edits fail for me.

ok, I dont have this ready. I wont be at my homecomputer untill
tonight.

> For things like config.guess, submit a bug report with a url to
> the most up to date version.  The report should be something like
> "config.guess is old - the most recent one is at
> ftp.gnu.org/whatever".
> Patches never really work for that kind of file.

Well, I just nuked/hacked it. config guess was returning completely
wrong results. If does occur to me now that it just might be handled in
a newer version...

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont