Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]csunit Error on mingw
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 02:47:56 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> Cscc-cs, if run by itself, produces IL, altho I have no idea if the IL is
> valid (seeing that I'm having that cmdline issue).

Do
bash$ cscc-cs 1.cs > 1.il
bash$ ilasm -o 1.exe 1.il
bash$ ilrun 1.exe ..

> test_verify runs until ldstr_test_5, and then dies

Bad ... very bad indeed ... so we have bugs in the runtime for mingw32 ..

Also , patches to support mingw32 are welcome ... But we're on a stabilizing
run for 0.5.0 ... So you might have to wait to get them integrated ...
(mostly due to the absence of W32 on my side ...)

But I don't like the idea of forking pnet into a Mingw32 branch into a
seperate CVS ... That is a potential synchronization nightmare , if I
ever saw one ... (and mdupont, it would be good to remember that it took me
5 full months between my first major patch and getting commit access ...).

Gopal