Re: [certi-dev] CERTI/VirtualAir jam session

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI/VirtualAir jam session
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:50:14 +0100

2010/3/8 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
> "Gotthard, Petr" wrote:
>
>> Thanks. The need for protocol optimizations could be one result of this
>> event. If we want CERTI to be usable for geographically distributed
>> simulations, we should occasionally test the "remote RTIG" scenario.
>
> Time to revive the builds on my Solaris test-boxes ....

The CVS HEAD is a currently a moving target because of
some work to have a fully generated message layer.

Do not hesitate to report breakage, we'll try to fix those as fast as possible.

>> LinuxTag? Could be a demonstration of the "gaming aspects", but from
>> this perspective there is no functional difference between HLA/CERTI and
>> the multiplayer other than compatibility with MS FSX, which is probably
>> not the right software to be mentioned at LinuxTag. ;-)
>
> It's called "eye-catcher"  :-)
> ....  depends a little bit on if I manage to find a suitable Windows-
> machine (I'm sure that Mathias, who's presumably going to read this
> message, would feel a little bit horrified just by thinking of such a
> scenario  ;-)

X-Plane may be less scary since it may be run on Linux :-)
I won't be helpfull for this kind of demo but may be I can
find some people here which would be interested in such a demo
(helping or assisting etc...)

http://www.april.org