Re: [certi-dev] CERTI/VirtualAir jam session

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI/VirtualAir jam session
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 21:14:06 +0000 (UTC)

"Gotthard, Petr" wrote:

> How about celebrating the achievements of CERTI and VirtualAir in past
> months/years by doing a virtual "jam session" with various kinds of
> flight simulators, radars and displays connected over HLA/CERTI into a
> single environment? In a more serious language it's called an
> interoperability event. ;-)

Generally: Great idea ! ....  just depends a little bit on the
available bandwidth. According to my experience, running FlightGear
'multiplayer' with CERTI over a WAN connection is not always a great
source of joy. Nevertheless, a simple 'interoperability' test should be
possible.
I'm now having a symmetrical 2 Mbit/s DSL line at home, will check if
it works reasonably to run two instances of FlightGear on a remote
RTIG.

BTW, did you make modifications to Ralf's OpenRadar ?

> When? This summer.

Just an idea: LinuxTag ?  ....  don't know if this fits well into the
usual show.

Cheers,
        Martin.