Re: [certi-dev] CERTI/VirtualAir jam session

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI/VirtualAir jam session
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:42:58 +0100

2010/3/6 Martin Spott <address@hidden>:
> "Gotthard, Petr" wrote:
>
>> How about celebrating the achievements of CERTI and VirtualAir in past
>> months/years by doing a virtual "jam session" with various kinds of
>> flight simulators, radars and displays connected over HLA/CERTI into a
>> single environment? In a more serious language it's called an
>> interoperability event. ;-)
>
> Generally: Great idea ! ....  just depends a little bit on the
> available bandwidth. According to my experience, running FlightGear
> 'multiplayer' with CERTI over a WAN connection is not always a great
> source of joy. Nevertheless, a simple 'interoperability' test should be
> possible.

I'm eavesdropping here :-)
All informations that would make CERTI more efficient
(in the real-time and high performance area) is interesting to me.

Martin could you tell us:

1) Concerning running FlightGear multiplayer on WAN.
    What is the behabior of current mulitplayer protocol of Flight Gear
    compared to multiplayer with CERTI?
    You get no latency vs big latency ?
    CERTI is hogging CPU whereas current FG MP protocol is not?

    Where can I find technical information regarding FG MP current
    protocol (is it TCP/UDP etc.. lossy, lossless etc... does it handle
    heterogeneity, is there broadcast support etc...)

2) What do you think is making FG MP with CERTI so
    "unresponsive"?

> I'm now having a symmetrical 2 Mbit/s DSL line at home, will check if
> it works reasonably to run two instances of FlightGear on a remote
> RTIG.

I'll be interested in that too.
http://www.april.org