bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] XFree86 4.3

From: Hossein S. Zadeh
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] XFree86 4.3
Date: 12 May 2003 11:17:15 +1000

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 04:19, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Sunday 11 May 2003 04:02, Zoup wrote:
> >
> > looks like RH patch it , because i can type Farsi too !
>
> Then we should find the patch. It is the first thing to do.
> How are we going to do so? RH distributes all it's software under GNU
> GPL so we won't have licensing problems, but how can we find the patch?

This would be very simple:

*) check out the RedHat SRPMS directory and find the right XFree86
source rpm (.src.rpm)
*) on a RedHat machine, install the rpm using "rpm -ivh
XFree86*.src.rpm" (see 1 below)
*) check out the file /usr/src/redhat/SPEC/XFree*.spec. It contains list
of all the source tar balls, and patches, as well as the order the
patches should be applied.
*) the actual tar balls and patches are in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/

1) if you don't have "rpm" (the software tool) on your system, you can
use "alien" (another software tool) to convert a ".rpm" file to a ".deb"
file and vice versa. Failing that, you can always use "cpio" to extract
contents of a ".rpm" file.

cheers,
Hossein