Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb
Date: 09 Aug 2006 16:09:11 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> > |            If we distribute mnt/linux/src/algebra at all, then
> > | it should probably contain the original *.spad.pamphlet files,
> > | not the notangle'd files.
>
> I was first thinking that we need that .spad files. But hyperdoc does in most
> cases not find the corresponding .spad file anyway. So I think we should
> distribute .spad.pamphlet and try to fix the links. The fix might, however,
> take some time. Is there somebody knowledgable enough to look into such a fix?

I think the following, saved as executable in $AXIOM/lib does what you
want. Should be easy to modify to work with pamphlets instead, I guess.

Martin

PS: I know very little about bash, you are welcome to rewrite it as you like it

#! /bin/bash

## get the filename (replace spad by spad.pamphlet to work with pamphlets
## instead.

f=$(basename $1 .spad)

## get the file and the line number. We can assume that grep produces only one
## answer, I guess

h=$(grep -n ")abb.* $f " $AXIOM/src/algebra/*)

## get the filename
name=${h%%:*}

## get the number
number1=${h#*:}