[Axiom-mail] Re: noweb

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:41:50 -0400

> | >   What is the status of noweb with respect to Axiom installation?
> | > That is, noweb is built solely to permit extraction of source code and
> | > documentation. Is the built binary ever intended to be installed when
> | > Axiom is installed?  Can I for sure assume that it is a build utility
> | > only?
> |
> | once the meta files disappear from the sources we won't need to build
> | a local version of noweb. however, if it isn't available on the local
> | system we will still continue to build it in the near term.
>
> I realize this does not answer my question at all.
>
> Take AXIOM/src/scripts/document for example.  It contains direct
> reference to notangle and noweave, built while building Axiom's.
> However that script is installed along with noweb...

The 'document' script is intended to centralize all of the information
necessary to extract information from a file in various ways within the
axiom system. It is ultimately intended to support the drag-and-drop
feature I'm working on as well as a )compile command in Axiom. Many
(but not all) of the Makefiles have been changed to use it.