RE: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:55:37 -0400

Ralf,

On Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:53 PM you wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
> > I don't see any need to distinguish between c) and d).
>
> Well, if you are just a user of Axiom, you don't really need
> noweb. That was the distinction.

Yes. So we may need to distinguish between two kind of Axiom
**developers** - Type 1: those who simply modify and create
new library code (Aldor or SPAD), Type 2: those who will actively
work with the underlying source code, including BOOT and lisp.

Maybe we want to call developers of type 1 "advanced users"?

Anyway, you are right both 1) and 2) will require ongoing
use of noweb to support the development of literate programs.

Regards,
Bill Page.