Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Re: noweb
Date: 08 Aug 2006 23:09:26 +0200

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

| Ralf,
|
| On Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:53 PM you wrote:
| > Bill Page wrote:
| > > I don't see any need to distinguish between c) and d).
| >
| > Well, if you are just a user of Axiom, you don't really need
| > noweb. That was the distinction.
| >

| Yes. So we may need to distinguish between two kind of Axiom
| **developers** - Type 1: those who simply modify and create
| new library code (Aldor or SPAD), Type 2: those who will actively
| work with the underlying source code, including BOOT and lisp.
|
| Maybe we want to call developers of type 1 "advanced users"?

no, please!

Let's keep it simple.  We have Axciom developers, and axiom users.
Axiom developers are those who work directly on Axiom's source files.
Axiom users are those who install Axiom for their use.

Axiom is complicated, rightly or wrongly perceived so.  We don't want
to give the impression not only Axiom developers are also complicated
but Axiom users must be complicated too.

-- Gaby