anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Couple of updates

From: Francois Gombault
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Couple of updates
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:54:42 +0200

On 8/24/06, Graham Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
I was unable to setup a linux box for cross-compiling so I have tried
to get it to build under Windows.  I can get it to build and link but
all I get are lots of first chance exceptions on startup.  This is
soooooo hard.  Maybe I should start from scratch on a windows deck
builder or a web based one :-(

Graham.
Very, Very frustrated.

Yeah, it can be a bitch to set up, especially if you're new to Linux
and cross-compiling. Perhaps the best would be to get ARDB to compile
correctly with the tools you're familiar with (Visual C++?), and fix
Windows-specific glitches in the code using #ifdef #endif ?
If you can build it this way, please put the VC++ project files in the
CVS, so other people can improve on your work.

About starting from scratch : I spent tons of spare time for _years_
on ARDB, so unless you have a lot of free time, I'd recommend against
starting from scratch. I know _I_ wouldn't do it again. :-/
If you still want to do so, I'd advise to help yourself and do it in a
language where you can easily "steal" some of my work. Or maybe
contact Ethan to propose him to add deckbuilding functionnality to
Monger.

--
Francois