anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Couple of updates

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Couple of updates
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:49:34 +0100

On 8/23/06, Luiz Mello <address@hidden> wrote:
> For Wintel executables, someone else has to do it. I still
> don't have the necessary machine & software, and I don't plan
> to buy such a thing anytime soon.

Sorry if I am bringing up an old subject here, but I am new to
this list and today's are the first messages I am receiving.

Hello and welcome.

What do I need to do or have to build Windows/Intel/PC
executables. This is the platform I work on and use at home, so I
could make and publish those builds, if I know what it takes.

This is the million dollar question :-)  Francois originally cross
compiled the Windows version using Linux.  I've tried to compile ARDB
using MS Visual Studio but it made my head hurt and ARDB did not load
correctly on start up.

Tonight I'm hoping to try and cross compile using Linux.  I'm going to
do this by downloading the free VMWARE Server software from
http://www.vmware.com/download/server/ and install a linux distro on
it and hope :-)

If you wish to try the Windows route you can get a free cut down
version of Visual Studio from here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/  The compiler will be good
enough to build ARDB.  The problem is you will need sqlite and
wxWidgets.  Sqlite is nice and easy to build wxWidgets is a little
(maybe a lot) harder.

I do not have address for sqlite and wxWidgets but google will show you the way.

If there is a FAQ anywhere with answers to my questions, I'll be
very thankful if anyone provides a link.

Not yet.  Care to write one?  If I get this all working?

Graham.