viewmail-info

Re: [VM] VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11

From: John Stoffel
Subject: Re: [VM] VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:28:36 -0400

Once I logged out, I got:

  * BYE Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 IMAP4 server signing off.

so it's a possible issue with MS Exchange 2010.  I wonder if maybe you
force it to use IMAP4v1 if that would make a difference?

>From my googling around, it looks like MS Exchange 2010 doesn't
support any flags other than the ones it supports.  So if VM doesn't
see \* as one of the supported flags, we can't use them.

   a4 select inbox
   * 484 EXISTS
   * 0 RECENT
   * FLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft $MDNSent)
   * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Draft
   $MDNSent)] Permanent flags
   * OK [UNSEEN 389] Is the first unseen message

So it's the [PERMANENTFLAGS ....] that's killing us.  Can we patch VM
to just not use any flags other than those supported?  Or to just not
bother sending the command?

Looking at other VM saved traces, I wonder if the problem is that VM
tries to use the '(filed)' flag, and MS Exchange 2010 fails it.  But
if VM doesn't do any other IMAP commands, it's fails?  I've seen some
other traces where it has these failures, but it's still ok because it
does an EXPUNGE, or more likely:

    VM STORE 460 +FLAGS.SILENT (filed)
    VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11
    VM STORE 461 +FLAGS.SILENT (filed)
    VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11
    VM STORE 462 +FLAGS.SILENT (filed)
    VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11
    VM STORE 452:452 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)
    VM OK STORE completed.
    VM STORE 456:456 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)
    VM OK STORE completed.
    VM STORE 458:458 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)
    VM OK STORE completed.
    VM STORE 463:468 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)
    VM OK STORE completed.
    VM STORE 470:473 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)
    VM OK STORE completed.
    VM EXPUNGE
    * 473 EXPUNGE

I suspect it's the OK Store completed.  So maybe the handling of
"Command Arguement Error. 11" needs to be changed so it's not a VM
error, just a warning?

John