viewmail-info

Re: [VM] VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:39:42 +0100

John Stoffel writes:

> I'm still using vm-visit-imap-folder from 8.2.0b inside 23.1.1 on
> x86_64 CentOS to read my eamil from Microsoft Exchange (probably 2010,
> not sure).  But right now I occasionally run into problems where I
> can't seem to get new email.  Looking the saved trace log I see:
>
>     VM STORE 460 +FLAGS.SILENT (filed)
>     VM BAD Command Argument Error. 11

The IMAP standard (RFC 3501) says:

   59) It is not an error for the client to store a flag that is not in
   the PERMANENTFLAGS list; however, the server will either ignore the
   change or make the change in the session only.

So, unfortunately, your Exchange server is not adhering to the standard.
Please do complain to whoever is running your Exchange server.

All that I can do is to make VM resilient so that it carries on regardless
of the error messages.  So, what happens after these error messages arise?
Does VM break in some way?

Cheers,
Uday