tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling multiplier aliases?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling multiplier aliases?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:07:25 +0200

Hi Nate,

Am Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:23:01 -0500
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2018 12 Jun 00:29 -0500, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > Hi Nate, hi Ervin,
> >
> > sorry to jump in late in the discussion. Our local field day kept me
> > busy the last days.
>
> Hope you had fun.

Yes, it was. Weather was a little bit tough (thunderstorm in the
evening) but all went well.

> > For me there are two distinct points in that discussion:
> >
> > a) How to present the multis and their alias (e.g. by the GKey
> > format as proposed)
> > b) How to present and score it internally.
> >
> > Wrt b) I had some time to think about and there are some first
> > ideas.
> >
> > Regarding the format I am 100% for the GKeyFile format - at least in
> > the long run. At the moment we would introduce a new concept to
> > TLF's users. So I am not sure if something like the following could
> > do also:
> >
> > # plain multis
> > AL
> > AK
> > AZ
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > WV
> > WY
> > # aliased multi with aliases
> > KS:ALL,AND,ATC,...
> > # additional entries
> > KS:WAB,WAL,WAS, ...
> >
> > The format is also easy to write (and to parse).
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> It occurred to me later that GKeyFile expects entries to be key=value
> pairs.  My list would seem to be breaking that as it would, at best,
> merely be a list of keys.  I *think* that would be workable, but maybe
> not.
>
> I like your method of defining the alias mult and its aliases.  In
> fact, for those parties that require it, multiple mults and aliases
> could be easily defined.  for the 7 Land QSO Party it could be:

Yes, that was one reason behind that solution.

> NV:...,...,..., ...
> WY:...,...,..., ...
>
> etc.
>
> That is actually quite clever.

Ok, then we will head in that direction.

I will try to finish TLF-1.3.1 over the weekend. We added a lot of
stuff in last year - time to bring it out. Afterwards I will start
adding the 'alias mults' feature.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"